AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple conversions per adgroup

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I run a campaign for a Financial Services Provider. I have two measures to monitor resluts:

1. How many people start the registration process once hitting a landing page (to measure the effectiveness of the page).

2. How many people complete the registration process once they have entered it (to show actual signups due to Adwords).

The problem is that Adwords seems to combine these conversions (1 per click and many per click) per adgroup. How can I see these separately?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Multiple conversions per adgroup

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi FSP_Advertiser,

You are correct that one click can produce multiple conversions based on your current set up.  Assuming that you have set up separate conversion code for each action, there are some details available.

Try this:

Click Tools and Analysis > Conversions, then select 'Search Funnels' from the left menu.

More details are available here.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Tom

One problem... I have several products that could be registered for, and your solution is showing the overall number. also it is less than the total shown in the normal conversions tool.

Any other thoughts?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi,

Do you have separate conversion tracking set up for each product you are referring to?   

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi PPCBossman

The URL's are generated dynamically, depending on what product, and client type (new vs existing) among other variables, is selected during registration. My registration process is 7 steps in total. so it has been difficult to setup different conversions per product.

To answer your question, no there is only one conversion goal URL as the exact goal URL cannot be stipulated.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yo! Okay so you have a goal made up of multiple steps. You can import the goal from analytics to AdWords easily so let's do it this way: In analytics you have your funnel - one goal with multiple steps. You don't use this in AdWords - instead you create another conversion in AdWords or Analytics - and use that for PPC. That way, you always have analytics reporting on the journey but PPC won't think that just opening a page counts as a completed conversion.