AdWords
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple conversion codes for different confirmation message?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Situation 1: A website sells tickets online have one thank you page (Confirmation page). If user complete a transaction or purchase cycle that page shows 3 different confirmation messages (one at a time) i.e. Transaction success/Failed/Pending. 

I have generated 3 different conversion tracking codes for 3 different messages so that all we can differentiate between transaction status. well it will be a conversion for any of the three but we would like to track all three transactions seperately.

Question: Is this the right way of tracking conversions for 3 different confirmation messages?

Situation 2: Now lets say a user books 1 bus ticket and 1 train ticket and he is paying via shopping cart (the sum of both tickets) now after completing the transaction he will se a status message (for bus and train ticket) seperately on same Thank you page. i.e. Bus-Success & Train-Failed or Success-Success or Failed-Failed (There will be 6 combination of messages based on Success/Failed/Pending status)

Question: If I am generating 3 differnet conversion tracking codes in my first situation, can I trigger multiple (max.3) conversion codes on same Thank you page? These codes will be triggered as per the transaction message i.e. For Success-Fail combination, conv. tracking code of success and failed will be triggered is this possible?

Question: What will happen if both the transactions are success or failed or pending. will adwords trigger same code twice? will it be counted as 2 conversions or single conversion because its a same code?

I know my query is bit long but I need your experties, Thanks Smiley Happy

Re: Multiple conversion codes for different confirmation message?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
No answers yet?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
Will each of the different conversion pages be on different subdirectories or is it a single page that's dynamically generated depending on the outcome of the transaction?

The way I would track conversion is to:

1) Use Adwords conversion tracking for your main conversion type (successful transaction)
2) Also use Analytics Goal tracking to track each of the conversion points separately (including the confirmed sale)

Providing you have auto-taggiong enabled and have linked your AdWords and GA, you will be able to track each conversion point individually within the AdWords report in GA.

You can then see if there are particular campaigns/ad groups/keywords/ads that are generating failed sales.

Let me know if you have any questions about Goal tracking or any of the above.
Ryan.

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes, it a single page that's dynamically generated depending on the outcome of the transaction. What will happen in case where both transactions shows success? will the same adwords code trigger 2 times?