AdWords
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple Websites - Analytics Remarketing Audience

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

I got 3 Websites. Now I created a target audience through Analytics from the Website Property A which should target "All Visitors".

When I got to Adwords now I see the Audience "All Visitors" but does it apply to all of my Websites or only to Webite A as I created it thorugh the property settings of Website A?

All Websites use the same remarketing Tag

Kind Regards,

Marc

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Multiple Websites - Analytics Remarketing Audience

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Marc.

From what I understand you're mixing AdWords and Analytics audiences. Analytics audiences do not require an extra remarketing tag; the Analytics tag is enough.

If you've tagged all three websites with the same (AdWords) remarketing tag, on the other hand, AdWords will collect all cookies, regardless of the websites that fire those tags.

So, in your case, you should see two audiences in your AdWords account. One containing cookies from all over, gathered via the AdWords remarketing tag and one containing only cookies from property A, gathered via Google Analytics.

It may help if you could tell us what your goal is, so we can guide you in either setting your audiences up properly (i.e. in sync with your goals) or in separating them properly.

Hope it helps.

Calin
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marc M
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
No, you need to create and place an AdWords remarketing tag on every page of those three websites. If you don't want to do that, just create three different Analytics remarketing lists and use those in AdWords.
Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hello, Marc.

From what I understand you're mixing AdWords and Analytics audiences. Analytics audiences do not require an extra remarketing tag; the Analytics tag is enough.

If you've tagged all three websites with the same (AdWords) remarketing tag, on the other hand, AdWords will collect all cookies, regardless of the websites that fire those tags.

So, in your case, you should see two audiences in your AdWords account. One containing cookies from all over, gathered via the AdWords remarketing tag and one containing only cookies from property A, gathered via Google Analytics.

It may help if you could tell us what your goal is, so we can guide you in either setting your audiences up properly (i.e. in sync with your goals) or in separating them properly.

Hope it helps.

Calin

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Calin,
Thanks for your response. My goal is to set-up different remarketing campaigns for each website. So I quess the correct solution would be to setup analytics remarketing audiences instead of adwords audiences. Correct?

Regards,
Marc

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hello, Marc.

Not necessarily. You can use the AdWords tag which fires on all websites and create three rule-based lists, one for each website.

Here's how to do it: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2454064?hl=en

If you scroll towards the bottom you'll see some templates which you might use.

Why AdWords and not Analytics? One reason would be that AdWords lists will allow you to to Search Remarketing, not just Display Remarketing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Calin,
Alright. Got your point. One last question: Is it enough if I have the universal analytics code with Ecommerce enabled (ga('require', 'ec')Smiley Wink to use the adwords remarketing?

Marc
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marc M
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
No, you need to create and place an AdWords remarketing tag on every page of those three websites. If you don't want to do that, just create three different Analytics remarketing lists and use those in AdWords.