AdWords
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple Remarketing Cookie Codes on Same Page

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am interested in including multiple remarketing cookie codes on the same page - one for general site visitors and one for the specific product page. Google told me to paste the codes one after another but my webmaster said that it's not healthy to have the same javascript called for twice and the same vars with different values twice on the same page. What do you recommend?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Rhys (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Multiple Remarketing Cookie Codes on Same Page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello Davidcorman,

Let me give it a try:

If you have two remarketing codes for two audiences, you can insert them in landing pages as following:

For General Pages visitors: Add remarketing code on general pages such as home page, about us, faq etc. except product page.

For Product pages: Add remarketing code on product pages except general pages.

Please correct if wrong!

Thanks

Neha

Neha Gupta, AdWordsTop Contributor Follow Me: My Blog | Twitter | Google+ | LinkedIn
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi David!

I don´t know whether that would be healthy or not, but if you choose the solution suggested by Neha - which is excellent - and want to target all visitors on your re-marketing list in the same ad group, I´d suggest you create a custom combination with an OR relationship:
http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=2549111

Google Employee
# 4
Google Employee

Hi davidcorman,

It should be possible to place two remarketing codes on the same page. However, if you want to remarket to two separate audiences based on different types of pages, NehaGupta's suggestion is a good one!

Thanks,

Rhys

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi all,

As I said, I want to place both codes on the same page. I want to have the ability to target all users when necessary as well as to run specific ads to product page audiences. Inevitably the product pages will have both codes.

I just want to make sure I don't need to change any of the javascript in the 2 codes if I place them on the same page.

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi davidcorman,

Thanks for your reply. No modifications to the code should be necessary!

Best,

Rhys