AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple Phone Conversion Campaign Snippets

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been given more than one snippet from our Marketing Team to be placed and used for the phone numbers on the pages. If I add all of these to the head tag of our website. Will it know which snippet to associate to the tag and show the appropriate number?

The reason why I ask is because when I look at the snippets, it looks like they all have different ak and cl values... so if I add all of these to the head of my site, won't the last one overwrite all the ones before it? If the last one overwrites, then can't I just add one snippet? I read on another post asking about multiple snippets that said that the code will auto-magically associate to our account and attribute the appropriate campaign and just work?

I'm trying to be as efficient as possible with my code and would prefer limiting the amount of code snippets in the header. 

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Multiple Phone Conversion Campaign Snippets

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Gscott
There should be only one snippet. Why are your marketing team giving you more than one? If there's more than one (the only reason that I can think of for having multiple snippets is from using multiple accounts), you'll have to conditionally switch them out either manually or using Google Tag Manager.

I'd be in your camp in terms of minimizing duplicate code but I'm a little confused about why you'd need to in this case. Perhaps you could share some more info on this?