AdWords
6.1K members online now
6.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple Google Forwarding Numbers On One Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello all, I'm currently playing about with the Google call forwarding script and was wondering if there is a way to have multiple google forwarding scripts that would change several numbers, e.g I have one script for one number with the class "number" but if I have multiple numbers let's say multiple branch numbers in a company can each of those branch numbers be call forwarding numbers ?

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Multiple Google Forwarding Numbers On One Page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Josh F;

Not sure I understand the setting. The forwarding number is shown as  a call extension or a call only number, as part of the ad. So how would the script work?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
February 2016

Community Manager
# 3
Community Manager
Hi Josh,

If you are talking about the Website Call Conversion code, which you can use to implement a Google Forwarding Number on your website, then unfortunately this can only be used to change one number.

If not, let us know what you're trying to accomplish and either Moshe or I can help!
Cassie

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have just come off a support call where it was suggested this was possible.

Each number requires its own conversion code in the head.

Then the body tag requires an onload for each number: <body onload="_googWcmGet('number', '1-800-123-4567')" onload="_googWcmGet('number', '1-800-123-4568')" onload="_googWcmGet('number', '1-800-123-4569')">

Then each number in the page needs the span & class wrapped around it:
<span class="number">1-800-123-4567</span>
<span class="number">1-800-123-4568</span>
<span class="number">1-800-123-4569</span>

Please let m e know if this is incorrect as I was about to implement for a client.

Sean

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi Josh,

From what I understand, this feature only works on one phone number on a site, but I also haven't seen anyone set up multiple website call conversion tags before and successfully implement that. It may be a workaround, but I haven't found it in the official documentation.

That being said, please let us know the results and if you get this working!

Cassie

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
We have tried the same coding and it doesn't work. Google support have told us it doesn't work.

Logic dictates it won't work. How does the code know which "number" to replace with which? Best case scenario it would change the first one it comes to, three times over.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Your using the same class number for each span tag this would make all the numbers the same, they would need to have different classes to work.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Anyone got it working ? Im still trying to figure this out. On the last reply of Sean and Josh, I thought it might work but how does google associate the number with the correct conversion code ? It seem like when someone call any number, it will count in the same conversion action, those would not be separate conversion action. 

I would like to get more info to implement this. 

Thank You

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

This thread has been closed to new replies.

If you have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’