AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple Conversion tracking vs CPA bidding simple question

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi,

Right now I have created 1 conversion tracker and I'm using CPA bidding. The title of my conversion tracker is "Join".

When using CPA bidding, it is quite simple, I set let say a target CPA bidding of $30 and adwords tries to make me pay $30 per conversion based on that single "join" conversion tracking history.

Question: What will happened if a create a second conversion tracker? I would like to create a new conversion tracker of the "view of a key page" category. I would like to see a column with the count of this tracker but GG must not use it for CPA bidding calculation. I don't see anywhere how I can instruct GG which conversion tracker it must use for its CPA bidding calculation?

Thanks!

Nick

Re: Multiple Conversion tracking vs CPA bidding simple question

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

That is not possible. You need to make a calculation and put a bid based on that. Read more here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2472674?hl=en

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

so if I understand correctly Adwords will just sum all the conversions I have, of any type, and put in in the conversion column for its CPA calculation?

Can I at least use the reports to see how much of have for each of my conversion trackers separately?

thanks!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Ok, I found out I can use the segment function to get the number of each conversion tracker. Problem, Adwords does it only for "many-per-click". Why? it doesn't make sense, I don't care if the person refreshed the page or something, I just want to work with "1-per-click"

the 1-per-click column matches my actual joins, not the many-per-click. I found a place where it is said that we can change our conversion bid metric, would this help? If yes, how do I do this?

thanks

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi

I think you can find what you are looking for under campaign settings