AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple Conversion Codes On Multiple Web-pages

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

I have a question regarding the effects of having multiple conversion codes on different web-pages.

Here's the situation, I have a client who owns multiple retirement communities and has separate pages that trigger conversions (ei. Newsletter sign-ups, dvd requests, and comments).  The client wants to be billed per community so I've created multiple sub-accounts to charge accordingly.  Doing this requires me to create multiple conversion codes (over 10) and have them be placed on those conversion landing pages.

Here are my questions:

How many conversion codes can you have one landing page?

What are the implications for having multiple conversion codes on a landing page (ei. load times, analytics issues, issues with Firefox, IE, Chrome)?

Do I need a specific code that needs to placed to separate each conversion code? 

Thank you for your help!

Kind Regards,

TMH

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Multiple Conversion Codes On Multiple Web-pages

Top Contributor Alumni
# 2
Top Contributor Alumni

Hi

I dont think there is any limits on how many conversion codes you can have on one page. My experience is I have had 5 conversion codes on a single page and it worked perfectly.

I also didnt face any browser issues on that perticular campaign. 

I would suggest that just make sure you have HTML comments before start and end of each code.

Hope this helps

Regards, Nik
LinkedIn  |   @nikhilparachure | My Blog

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello.

Browser issues are not something to worry about. But if you'll trigger 5-10 conversions on one page, you'll definitely take a hit on load time. How big it is depends on many factors, so you'll need to test for yourself. There are ways though for loading the conversion code asynchronously and only after the page has loaded (as far as I remember), and a bit of jQuery might help with the load time because it will only trigger the conversion some time after the whole page is loaded. How is this done, exactly, I don't know.

In case you only trigger one code per page, I'd suggest to programatically insert only the relevant conversion code for each page.

Calin Sandici, AdWords Top Contributor | Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | LinkedIn | myBlog
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the input.  Is there any way around it?  Some sort of tagging through Analytics or Adwords?

Thanks,

TMH