AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Multiple Adwords Tracking Codes from Multiple Adwords Accounts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have a scenario were we run an adwords campaign from our own account and so have the tracking conversion code on the order confirmation page.

A second third party company (YELL) are also running an adwords campaign for us from their own adwords account. I need to add there adwords tracking code to the same page which I have done.

However, the conversion tracking for the original account has now stopped working.

From debugging the page calls to googles servers the original tracking code is ignored.

Can this be done? or it is just not allowed.

1 Expert replyverified_user
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Multiple Adwords Tracking Codes from Multiple Adwords Accounts

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Painkin P,

Welcome to adwords community. I would like to let you know that you should not run two different account for single website. It means you are voliating google adwords policy that is double serving policy. You account will be suspend. \

Hope it helps you.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Also, Pinakin P. You cannot run multiple AdWords Accounts for the same product/service as this would be classified as "Gaining an unfair advantage of the Google Ad Network".

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Hi Pinakin P,
You can have multiple instances of conversion code on one page. I'd be interested to see how the page is set up (source code) because one shouldn't break the other.

Can we access this confirmation page without actually purchasing something? If so, can you share the URL?

Kathleen
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Painkin P,

Welcome to adwords community. I would like to let you know that you should not run two different account for single website. It means you are voliating google adwords policy that is double serving policy. You account will be suspend. \

Hope it helps you.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
September 2015

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Also, Pinakin P. You cannot run multiple AdWords Accounts for the same product/service as this would be classified as "Gaining an unfair advantage of the Google Ad Network".