AdWords
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Multidomain conversion - Tracking code for different domains in the same account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have a client with many different websites, each website has a product (sport events). I need to track the conversions of all them, but my main concern is if I set the conversion track for one campaign (let's called it event A), let's say a user has converted.

But I want to target this same user for other event (event B in another independent website).

So in this case the converters remarketing list will only show people who has converted in the event A but not for the event B.

The thing is the websites has no thank you page, the payment is via an iframe. So I cannot track via pages visited or not visited.

Any idea how I can solve it without creating a new account for each event?

Thanks in advance

Miguel

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Miguel G
May 2017

Multidomain conversion - Tracking code for different domains in the same account

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Miguel, 

Let's see if we can sort out your problem! 

#1 - Cross Account Conversion Tracking is possible! But you'll need them to be under a MCC account. 

There are four parts to setting up cross-account conversion tracking.

Create a cross-account conversion action in your manager account—just as you would any other kind of conversion action.
Add your new conversion tracking tag to your websites' conversion pages if necessary. (You’ll want to leave the old tag on your sites for now to avoid losing conversions.)
Choose the accounts for which you’d like to use cross-account conversion tracking.
After your chosen conversion window, remove your old conversion tracking tag from your site.

Source: https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3030657?hl=en 

Just remember you can only use account only conversion tracking or MCC conversion tracking at the same time - NOT BOTH at once. So please keep that in mind. 

#2 Regarding your iframe conversion setup i'd say (A) try and avoid using iframe payment process windows and instead use a re-direct since iframes are very tricky and error prone. 

(B) As long as you already have successful triggers setup in your iframe for your existing account-only conversions you shouldn't have an issue placing the MCC conversion codes. 

Let me know if this solves your problem! 

- Josh

Joshua, Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Miguel G
May 2017

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey Miguel, 

Let's see if we can sort out your problem! 

#1 - Cross Account Conversion Tracking is possible! But you'll need them to be under a MCC account. 

There are four parts to setting up cross-account conversion tracking.

Create a cross-account conversion action in your manager account—just as you would any other kind of conversion action.
Add your new conversion tracking tag to your websites' conversion pages if necessary. (You’ll want to leave the old tag on your sites for now to avoid losing conversions.)
Choose the accounts for which you’d like to use cross-account conversion tracking.
After your chosen conversion window, remove your old conversion tracking tag from your site.

Source: https://support.google.com/partners/answer/3030657?hl=en 

Just remember you can only use account only conversion tracking or MCC conversion tracking at the same time - NOT BOTH at once. So please keep that in mind. 

#2 Regarding your iframe conversion setup i'd say (A) try and avoid using iframe payment process windows and instead use a re-direct since iframes are very tricky and error prone. 

(B) As long as you already have successful triggers setup in your iframe for your existing account-only conversions you shouldn't have an issue placing the MCC conversion codes. 

Let me know if this solves your problem! 

- Josh

Joshua, Top Contributor

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Josh! 

Thanks a lot for the reply, I've been thinking about and what I really need is to have many accounts for each sport event.

Also your help is very valuable, as I didn't have it in my mind to set the cross-account conversion for some ads (generic ads)

Have a nice week!

Miguel

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi again Josh, do you know how is the interaction between a cross-account conversion tracking and the account tracking codes? 

If I have them both active, the MCC and the client one, am I gonna have double conversions?

As I'd like to have list of all converters at MCC level, and also all converters at client level. 

Thanks in advance!

Miguel

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi Miguel, 

Once you start using cross-account conversions your local account conversions stop working but the past conversion data is still there so you can still go back and look at the history! 

Joshua, Top Contributor