AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Moving a Webmaster Tools / Analytics website to another Google Account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Guys

I have a whole bunch of sites on my Webmasters / Analytics account.

Now one of the sites owners has appointed a new developer who wants to add the site to his Google Webmaster account and Google Analytics account.

How would i go about doing this?

Do i simply delete the site profile on my account and he adds it to his Google account or can we both keep the site on our Webmaster Tools / Analytics?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Moving a Webmaster Tools / Analytics website to another Google Acc

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello and welcome,

I am not sure about the webmaster tools access, but for Analytics one option is that you can add the user with either administrator access or user access if you want to. By doing this, you don't have to delete the profile and the account historical data will be regained.

http://support.google.com/analytics/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1009702

Pankaj

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi KeylimePie,

You can both have access to Webmaster Tools. He will need to upload the appropriate ownership-confirmation file to the root directory of the site. Your verification file needs to stay there.

Implementing two Analytics accounts is possible. I'm not sure how you do that with the asynch code.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pankaj1782

Thank you for the usefull information, i will simply add the user, how easy is that!

Keep up the good work!

Cheers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pete

Sweet thanks, i was not sure on the if more than one person could have access to the Webmaster account but now i know.

Regarding the Async code, maybe this way
Async

Thanks,

Conrad