AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

More than One Conversion Value

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

Our website is for a spa business located in London.  The spa has a number of different type of treatments they offer customer such as Massages, Facials and Waxing.

Each of these services is promoted separated in their own campaign.  We monitor conversions by tracking which visitor use our contact form or make a booking by telephone.

Our question has to do with conversion value.

We would like to understand the ROI of each campaigns. As each campaign relates to a different service, the value of each conversion is different. 

Is it possible to have MORE than one conversion value?  What would be ideal is to have each campaign have a conversion value which is specific to the value of the treatment it is advertising.

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.

Brian

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: More than One Conversion Value

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

trilex;

SURE! it is possible !

Read the following excellent wiki article, by one of the community Top Contributors, Kim, that explains it all, in a clear language.

You might want, later on, to get more specific details by reading on "conversion tracking" in the AdWords help center: here

Good luck;

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Brian,

This question is a little more complex and my response reaches outside of the 'AdWords' forum, but I will attempt to answer.

It sounds like you you are tracking two different conversions:

1.) Contact form completions (onsite)
2.) Phone calls (click-to-calls? mobile site? people saying they clicked an ad then called?)
*I will focus on the contact form conversions to simplify the response.

You'd like to know if you can assign multiple values to a single conversion based on which campaign converted, correct? For example, the facial campaign resulted in a contact form completion, which a facial is worth $10, therefore that value should be $10... while the waxing campaign resulted in a conversion, which a waxing is $15, so this value should be $15 rather than $10.

The simple answer is no, you cannot assign multiple values to a single conversion in AdWords. One suggestion would be to create a contact form on each landing page - facial, waxing, massages - which would be separate conversions. You can then create 3 different conversions in AdWords, each with its own value.

I would also suggest looking into Google Analytics Event Tracking. Event tracking allows you to assign multiple values to actions taken by visitors on your site. The event tracking syntax is (Category, Action, Label, Value). So for example, if an AdWords visitor came to your site from the facial campaign and filled out the contact form, your event tracking could look like this - (Form, Submit, Facial Campaign, 10). You can also, in the new Google Analytics, create goals/conversions based on event tracking parameters, which can then be integrated into AdWords, and thus assigned that unique value.

I hope this helps a bit.

Thanks,

BlueIon

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Bluelon,

Many thanks for you feedback.  I think you understand our challenge exactly.

The vast majority of our conversions are telephone calls from clients wishing to book a treatment.  We have a third party javascript running our pages which changes the number base on how the visitor found our site.  Each call to one of these numbers results in a conversion.  Unfortunately they are all bundles under one conversion "/phonecall"

You suggestions for the event tracking sounds quite promising..!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Bluelon;

My understating was, that Brian was looking ONLY for "MORE than one conversion value...to have each campaign has a conversion value which is specific to the value of the treatment it is advertising. - i.e a single conversion for a single value (e.g. a landing page for each campaign...)

That is somewhat different from "multiple values to a single conversion"....

-Moshe

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’