AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

More converted clicks than conversions?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hy everyone, 

I have a problem in my Google AdWords account: for more than a month I have more converted clicks than conversions and I'm wondering why. Can be a problem with the tracking code? 

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andreea B
September 2016

Re: More converted clicks than conversions?

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Andreea,

Google is actually removing the "converted clicks" metric this month, so you won't have to worry about this for much longer. Here's the announcement: https://adwords.googleblog.com/2016/07/simplifying-conversion-measurement.html

In the meantime, it's possible that some of your conversion actions are set up to not count conversion in the conversions column. That might explain the discrepancy you're seeing. Here's how to check this:

1. In your AdWords account, click Tools > Conversions
2. Click the name of the conversion action you want to look at
3. See what the field Include in "Conversions" says. If it says No, any conversions from this conversion action will not show up in your conversions column in AdWords.

I hope that helps!

John

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Andreea B
September 2016

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Andreea,

Google is actually removing the "converted clicks" metric this month, so you won't have to worry about this for much longer. Here's the announcement: https://adwords.googleblog.com/2016/07/simplifying-conversion-measurement.html

In the meantime, it's possible that some of your conversion actions are set up to not count conversion in the conversions column. That might explain the discrepancy you're seeing. Here's how to check this:

1. In your AdWords account, click Tools > Conversions
2. Click the name of the conversion action you want to look at
3. See what the field Include in "Conversions" says. If it says No, any conversions from this conversion action will not show up in your conversions column in AdWords.

I hope that helps!

John

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you so much for your response. I heard something about that change, but I want to be sure that is right this explanation. I check the Settings for Conversions and I have all included in Conversions.

Thank you again and happy advertising!Smiley Happy