AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile conversion tracking - it reliable?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I've yet to run mobile only campaigns but i wanted to ask the community..

is client side conversion (JS) tracking reliable?

ON a second note to that.. if I run non-adwords traffic, what do you guys use to track conversions?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mobile conversion tracking - it reliable?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there,

Good quesiton. It's reliable as far as I know, I am using it on a recently launched client mobile site and works fine.

As for other traffic... use Analytics Smiley Happy

Jack

Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi taewoo,

As Jack said, Mobile Conversion Tracking is indeed reliable. I have implemented it on my different clientele and is working fine. Especially, the new script to track call is another new dimension, which would help you to optimize your Mobile Only Campaigns effectively.

For Non-adwords, I too uses Google Analytics and in fact, when you trigger that code, you get an option whether to track non Adwords traffic and all...So don't worry and use both (i.e. Conversion Tracking and Google Analytics) without any concern. In case you find difficulty, feel free to post in here or Analytics forum Smiley Happy

Just a thought!

Pankaj

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner

If the tracking code is on the mobile version, you should be just fine.

Use Google Analytics. It is extremely robust and has everything you need to make good, data-driven decisions to run a business. You can have both AdWords and Google Analytics data talk to each other by linking the accounts. This is the ideal setup.

If you use a different analytics suite, you may run into issues with mobile tracking. It all depends on how your mobile site is setup. If you have m.site.com rather than just a custom CSS file that is on your www.site.com then you need to setup some custom tracking. Still very easy with Google Analytics...just needs a little more setup.