AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile app tracking for non Play Store downloads

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

I know that tracking downloads from Google Play does not require any tags, but there is also the option to track Android downloads not from Google Play. My question is, does this work even with an app that is not in the Play Store, and can the Conversion Tracking SDK sit within a tag management system?

Source: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095884?hl=en-AU

Thanks,

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Mobile app tracking for non Play Store downloads

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @MosheTLV

Hi Jennifer

AdWords system will not allow you to save a new App Conversion Tracking without the Google Play Store link, you can try doing it. So it would not be possible to track download for this kind of App.

Even in Google Tag Manager, android app install conversions are supported in order to support this.

Hope that Helps...!

Abhishek

View solution in original post

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hmm... Interesting question;

@Ratan-Jha;

@Abhishek S

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks @MosheTLV

Hi Jennifer

AdWords system will not allow you to save a new App Conversion Tracking without the Google Play Store link, you can try doing it. So it would not be possible to track download for this kind of App.

Even in Google Tag Manager, android app install conversions are supported in order to support this.

Hope that Helps...!

Abhishek

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@AbhishekS is already bang on!

Late to the party. 

Thanks
Ratan Jha

About Me: Community Profile | Ratan Jha INC.
If this or any other post solved your question, do not hesitate to accept it as the solution.