AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile app install ads discrepancy between AdWords and Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

We are running several AdWords mobile app install campaigns for Android app, both search and display. We see a big discrepancy between the number of  App Installs in AdWords and in the Analytics of the mobile app. For the same period we have 10400 Conversions in AdWords (Android app install (from Google Play) and 6600 Installs in Analytics (Google Play Referral flow). Since both data are from Google Play, could someone please let us know of the reason as to why do we see such big discrepancies? What are the usual causes of discrepancies between AdWords and Analytics app installs data for Android?

Thanks in advance! 

Re: Mobile app install ads discrepancy between AdWords and Analytics

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ivo,

What conversion data are you looking at in Adwords? Is it All or Unique? Also, metrics relating to conversions are calculated differently in Analytics and Adwords. 

"The Google Analytics Goal Completions and Ecommerce Transactions metrics are calculated differently than theConversion Tracking metrics in AdWords. If you see data for these metrics in your Analytics account that differs from your conversion metrics in your AdWords account, it doesn't necessarily mean that your tracking implementation is wrong; it could simply be a result of the different tracking methods."

Read more here : https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221?hl=en

Hope this helps? Smiley Happy 

Re: Mobile app install ads discrepancy between AdWords and Analytics

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Abbie,

Thank you for your reply.

I am facing the same problem. The reported downloads in play store are much less than what is reported in the Adwords. This screws up the actual CPD. The conversion data in Adwords is Unique. I wanted to know which conversions are closer to reality? Adwords or Play Store?