AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile ads with Call Extensions : clicks/abandonment

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello!

Does anyone have an idea what is an average percentage of users that DO NOT continue with the phone call after they click on "Call" button when Call Extension is displayed within mobile ad? I.e. they click "Cancel" when presented with call confirm dialog on their mobile phone.

I'm not talking about Call-only ads, but rather regular mobile ads with Call Extension.

Hope this makes sense.

Thank you!

D

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
June 2016

Re: Mobile ads with Call Extensions : clicks/abandonment

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@Dmitry P

What you are asking makes sense, but I don't believe there is a way for this to be tracked due to privacy issues. Adwords and even the browser being used doesn't have access to the actual phone program.... at least not by default. 

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
In your campaign overview, segment by click type. Count the Mobile clicks to call clicks
In Dimensions, look at call details. Count how many calls were made.

Compare actual calls made with Mobile clicks to call clicks

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Dmitry,

As per my experience with the clients with travel domain, the average percentage of users that DO NOT continue with the phone call after they click on "Call" button when Call Extension is displayed within mobile ad is not more than 7%. i.e 93% of the users makes call once they hit the dial pad after clicking the call extension in mobile ads. But to ensure this, you must maintain your avg position between 1 and 3. Any position worse than 3 will impact your click to call percentage.

Call extensions are very helpful and have good conversion rate.

Regards,

Pushpendra Singh

[ Edited ]
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

@RobSkelton

where are you pulling the actual call data from to make the comparison?

@Pushpendra Singh

why does position affect click to call rate? It should certainly have an effect on CTR, but I'm not following you on click to call.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
@David K

Dimensions Tab,
View:Call Details from the dropdown box

Has start and end times, call lengths, area codes

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Well that's only if you use Google phone numbers, correct? We're using our own tracking numbers, so that's not an option.

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star
Google still has the data for clicks on the phone number in the ad extension. You just need to compare that with the data from your third-party tracking service.