AdWords
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile Devices and Conversion Tracking

Badged Google Partner
# 1
Badged Google Partner

Does anyone know which mobile devices accept Cookie Tracking? I've noticed that for my mobile campaigns, the Cost/Conversion given in reports, versus what you get when you do the math manually, don't match. 

Example:

[blue widgets] - cost is $77.83, 1 conversion and the Cost Per Conv. is $68.00. Obviously, not the same. 

I contacted Google and was told "Specific to mobile devices, some devices do not accept cookie tracking. With this in mind, the clicks and cost for clicks from these mobile will not be included in the conversion rate and cost/conversion metrics." 

So I'd love to know which mobile devices do/do not accept Cookie Tracking.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mobile Devices and Conversion Tracking

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Nikki_JumpFly,

Welcome to the Community!

Personally, I don't have all the information regarding mobile browsers and cookies but I would guess that most major ones do.

I definitely know from personal experience that Safari (iPhone) and the new mobile Chrome definitely allow cookies.  I would also guess that the Droid browsers would as well. 

Regarding your data, that Google response is quite interesting. 

What time frame are you looking at?  Sometimes the most recent data is not the best to look at, previous days are often more accurate and provide a better reporting experience. 

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Thanks Tom - I'm looking at data for the month of June 2012. I've also started looking a few of my other clients with mobile separated campaigns, and am seeing the same thing. 

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 4
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi Nikki, 

I think your question require us to have a look into your account. Therefore, I've escalated your issue to the AdWords support team for further investigation. Please, make sure you check your mailbox. 

Best,

Zee
G+

Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
# 5
Zee Community Manager
Community Manager
Hi Nikki_JumpFly,

I was informed that you issue was resolved. If you have any other questions, please, let me know.

All the best,
Zee
G+