AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile Device - Clicks on Call Extension Number

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

I am confusing between Mobile Device Clicks and Call Extensions Clicks from Mobile Device. 

I am getting total number of clicks 200 from mobile device in one campaigns and

I am getting 97 clicks on Call Extension Number in Mobile Device

Then should i count this 97 clicks as a Call OR not ?

Please confirm.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anand Kumar
September 2015

Re: Mobile Device - Clicks on Call Extension Number

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Anand,

If your call extension report is showing 97 clicks from mobile devices (I believe you have segmented data by device), it means your ads appeared with call-extension 97 times when they were clicked. 

Now this count may include clicks on call-extension (e.g. call button) + clicks on headlines + clicks on sitelinks. 

To have a better idea on this and to find out how many times your click-to-call button was actually clicked, you should segment data by Click Type. Go to Segment > Click Type.

One more thing, those absolute clicks on Click-to-call button do not necessarily mean actual phone calls, because once someone clicks the call button, it takes them to phone's dialling pad and then they need to click once again to get the call connected. However, the system takes the count once the call-button on ad itself is clicked. Hence, those absolute number of click-to-call button count is the number of times user clicked the call-button. 

More can be found at https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453991?hl=en

Thanks
Ratan Jha

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anand Kumar
September 2015

Re: Mobile Device - Clicks on Call Extension Number

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Anand,

Anand K wrote:

I am confusing between Mobile Device Clicks and Call Extensions Clicks from Mobile Device. 

I am getting total number of clicks 200 from mobile device in one campaigns and

I am getting 97 clicks on Call Extension Number in Mobile Device

Then should i count this 97 clicks as a Call OR not ?

Please confirm.

You should analyse the data separately for Mobile device clicks and Clicks drawn from Call Extensions using the Segment feature as Ratan mentioned above. Doing that would actually help you understand the data better.

When you are on Campaigns Tab, simply use the segment and then select Device. You will data something like this:-

Device segment.png

As you see the data above, it means that 26 clicks were drawn from mobile devices and rest from other devices.

Similarly, when you go to Ad Extensions Tab, segment the data by click type like this:-

Call.png

As seen above, you can evaluate that when your call extension was shown, 310 users clicked on headline, 5 on sitelinks and 2 users pressed the click to call button and might have went on to complete the phone call.

My Thoughts!

Pankaj