AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile Bid Adjustment Cross Device

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello

I have a question about bid adjustment. Looking at the screen shot link below this is our current month to date for this PLA campaign. You can see that our conversion is much better on desktop than mobile. What I a trying to understand is the current setting at -30% limits the amount of traffic to mobile and think we should be doing it more like -84%

What I am trying to make sure is that the mobile device traffic is doing cross-device and they really started on mobile and ended on desktop giving me a better conversion rate on desktop. 

We do track user ID for logged in users and they do not show much cross path, but I wanted to make sure looking at this clearly show me that my better return would be more traffic on desktop for my industry?

Thanks for the help. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mobile Bid Adjustment Cross Device

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Gavin T it sounds like you've checked pretty thoroughly so you could probably rely upon your feeling that you could reduce the mobile adjustment some more.

Did you use user-id override to check the logged in users' progress or another method?

As with most things AdWords, you may find the best answer to your question is simply to test.  Try a reduced bid for mobiles for, say, two weeks and check the resutls.

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits