AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile App Install Campaigns for iOS Tracking

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi 

I would like to know if Download Tracking is possible for an iOS App which I would be promoting through Mobile App Install Campaigns ( Search ) ?

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mobile App Install Campaigns for iOS Tracking

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Yakshi,

Tracking iOS app conversion is possible.

Find more information here - https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095881

Deepak

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for sharing the support article. Smiley Happy

My concern is more with the Mobile App Install Campaign in Search.

When I try to set up the Conversion Tracking for App Downloads, it says that "iOS conversion tracking is currently available only for ads that show in mobile apps on the Display Network"

So I just wanted to re-confirm if it's true and also if there would be a different way for tracking iOS app downloads for Search Network in AdWords.

If not, then I probably would have to track it from Analytics. Smiley Sad

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yakshi K
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello,

As far as my understanding goes, the conversion tracking for iOS is available for the Display Network campaigns and that too specifically for certain types of campaigns and not for Search network campaigns as if now.

If you check the iOS Guides here (https://developers.google.com/app-conversion-tracking/), it clearly explains which particular campaign type conversion tracking is possible for iOS app (SDK Integration and Server-Server Integration).

My 2 cents!

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hey Yakshi,

How did you figure out the iOS app install tracking for Mobile App Install Campaign in Search? If it's not too late to ask after a year Smiley Happy If you could share your learnings that would be really helpful, we have similar issue here..

Thanks,
Katarina

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been tracking search mobile app campaigns for iOS using offline conversions for almost two years.

You need to configure some steps for this to work and also have a 3rd party tracking platform (like appsflyer, firebase) to provide you the GCLID. To track offline conversions, you'll save that ID along with whatever lead information you collect from the person who clicked your ad.

1 - create one new conversion: offline conversions and choose "Conversions from clicks"

Capture.PNG

2 - Get your data from the 3rd party source and prepare a file to be uploaded under TOOL > CONVERSIONS > UPLOADS.

3 - check for errors on the file with the preview option

4 - Best of luck!

More info about the offline conversions and tips for optimization can be found on the link: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2998031?hl=en