AdWords
6.5K members online now
6.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Mobile Ads And call extension

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I have set a campaign, with 300% for mobile devices and minimum bid for other devices. Now the question is, there is a difference in the no. of calls in my call extension tab under dimension report & in my mobile campaigns. Isn't each click in my mobile campaign equal to a call? If it is yes then why there is a difference.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author abhishek d
September 2015

Re: Mobile Ads And call extension

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi abhishek d,

What it sounds like you are comparing is the Call Details report in Dimensions, and the Call Extensions report in Ad Extensions. These are comparing two different metrics:

Call Details in Dimensions will show you the data about the calls that actually went through; where the customer not only clicked on your call extension, but then made the call from their mobile phone.

When a call extension is clicked on it brings the user to the dial pad on their phone with your number populated, and they have to click on the "call" button to actually make the call. So you might get a click on your call extension, but the call is never actioned.

Call Extensions report shows how many clicks you recieved when that phone number was showing as a call extension. This report will give you the best information about how successful your ad is while the extension is showing. 

I hope that helps clear things up,

Kathleen

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author abhishek d
September 2015

Re: Mobile Ads And call extension

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi abhishek d,

What it sounds like you are comparing is the Call Details report in Dimensions, and the Call Extensions report in Ad Extensions. These are comparing two different metrics:

Call Details in Dimensions will show you the data about the calls that actually went through; where the customer not only clicked on your call extension, but then made the call from their mobile phone.

When a call extension is clicked on it brings the user to the dial pad on their phone with your number populated, and they have to click on the "call" button to actually make the call. So you might get a click on your call extension, but the call is never actioned.

Call Extensions report shows how many clicks you recieved when that phone number was showing as a call extension. This report will give you the best information about how successful your ad is while the extension is showing. 

I hope that helps clear things up,

Kathleen