AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Missing conversions from Analytics. Can I import manually?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There are quite a few conversions/transactions missing from my adwords but the data is accurate in analytics.  My accounts are linked and it seems very random for which conversions are missing.  Because I need accurate statistics to further adjust my ads and bids is there a way to import the missing conversion data?  I didn't notice this until November 18th.  So the data isn't that old that I need added.

Thanks for any advice.

Lucia.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Missing conversions from Analytics. Can I import manually?

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
There is a difference in the way the counting occurs. It may be that Direct traffic at the end of some processes. Analytics would credit that to cpc, but AdWords may not. Use the Search Funnels metric set in AdWords to help better understand a "splash" impact that cpc brings. It will also minimize when you pause assisting keywords/ads in the AdWords interface.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I can see which ad's were clicked in analytics to complete the transaction/conversion. Sorry, I still don't quite understand.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hey Andrew B,

I don't think that is correct. If, after clicking on your ad and going to your site the user leaves then returns through another non-direct source, say organic, Analytics attributes to the last source (organic in this case) while AdWords will claim the conversion. If the user returns as "direct", without any visits in between, both systems will attribute to AdWords.

Lucia G, if you don't have the gclid value saved, you can not import conversions.

Do you have the AW conversion code on the thank you page, or are you importing Analytics transactions as conversions?

Is it possible you have "conversions" from other sources? You say that "the data is accurate in analytics". What exactly does that mean? The total transactions reported match the number of orders you received? Under most circumstances, I would expect AdWords conversion to be less then the total conversions (transactions) on the site. I would also expect Analytics transactions attributed to AdWords to be less than the total reported by the conversion code,

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
And, I have all the transaction conversions to import from analytics to adwords as 1-per click only.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pete,

Yes, my analytics and adwords accounts are linked and are automatically being updated. And I am only talking about the "google / cpc" source medium in analytics not my transactions from any other sources as yes there would be many more transactions. (ie organic, email, referral)

And that is exactly what I mean. The total transactions and orders received in my store match the total listed in Analytics.

Example I had 6 transactions/sales on November 24th and two of them were attributed to Google/CPC. I received all 6 transactions/orders in my store. The two attributed to Google/CPC did not show up in my Adwords account. This has been going on at least two weeks but nothing has changed on my end. But, there are several days during that time from where either none or only some of my Google/CPC transactions are showing up in adwords?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
So, the question still remains is it possible to manually import the missing conversions I see in analytics for Google/CPC into adwords. I really only want to import the missing conversions, not override the conversions that accurately synched.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
On those transactions that are missing in AdWords, can you check to see if they are new or returning visits? Basically, yes. You can import conversions. But like Peter said, you can't match it up without the GLCID you can't import the conversions, "Lucia G, if you don't have the gclid value saved, you can not import conversions."

Peter, thanks for the correction. I forgot about the 30 day look-back being applied in adwords.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
They are both returning visitors.