AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Missing HTTP Response

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I'm trying to install google conversion tracking on my shopify store's thank you page. But it shows unverified and in Google Tag assistant tool it says:  Missing HTTP Response. Here is a url of my thank you page: https://checkout.shopify.com/12966355/checkouts/fc3155a86b1c083d15cb7fc14fe1ac81/thank_you

Any advice and suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Missing HTTP Response

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I don't know the answer to why it isn't working...

...but we usually use Google Analytics for Shopify and make a goal for the thank you page and that works well - so there is another way of recording your conversions.

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Below are the 2 errors found within the implemented conversion tracking code, please go through these errors along with their solutions.

• Missing HTTP Response:

Missing HTTP Response denotes that, while the AdWords Conversion Tracking code was detected in the page source, the script itself did not execute. Each time the Conversion Tracking script executes, we expect an HTTP Response carrying the Conversion Tracking request to Google’s servers carrying conversion_id, conversion_label, conversion_value and page URL.
This means that the Conversion Tracking code is not implemented properly on the page and no conversions will be tracked.
Recommended Action: Reinstall the Conversion Tracking snippet by removing the current iteration, copy a new version from the AdWords interface, and insert that version into the site.

• Missing CDATA Comments:
CDATA sections are required for documents parsed in the markup languages of SGML and XML. This error denotes that the CDATA comments have been omitted from the Conversion Tracking script.
While most browsers can properly render the Conversion Tracking snippet in the absence of CDATA comments, other browsers will fail to properly execute the script. This will result in conversions under-reporting.
Solution: Some content management systems or WYSIWYG editors (known as What You See Is What You Get editors) strip the /* <![CDATA[ */ and /* ]]> */ portion of the conversion tracking script. If you use a visual editor to insert JavaScript into your pages, check to make sure it hasn't incorrectly changed the script.

Source: https://support.google.com/tagassistant/answer/2947038#http_response

Regards
Archit, AdWords Top Contributor, Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you guys! It works like a charm now. I created a new version and everything is working now! A star to both of you!