AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Missing GCLID in Click Performance Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm using the Adwords API to look up GCLIDs. I have one that I can't seem to find though. I think it might be from an Invalid click. Is there anyway to look up invalid clicks using the API in order to verify its an invalid click? 

Re: Missing GCLID in Click Performance Report

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager
Great question. Who wants to take on the challenge and help Samuel?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It works for me. You check your API

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hmmm. I think it's a video Ad. Is there a way to look those up, or should they show up in the same Click Performance Report?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Yes, you can use the Campaign or Account Performance via AdWords API to get the number of invalid clicks for the account or campaign in question. Then you can compare this to the number of GCLIDs from the Click Performance report to see how many might be invalid.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
Hello Samuel R,
I hope Adwords API is enough to track invalid clicks, first you make sure the GCLID parameter is configured properly. If GCLID parameter sum up to your site URLs after the page is fully loaded, so its sure your website is not configured to handle query properly.

Missing GCLID in Click Performance Report

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having a similar issue. We have a GCLID on our database that is not returning from our CLICK_PERFORMANCE_REPORT query. So for example, we run the following query:

$reportQuery = 'SELECT GclId, Date '
. 'FROM CLICK_PERFORMANCE_REPORT '
. 'DURING 20180220,20180220';

That returns 61 clicks (GCLIDs) for the 20th. We have 1 GCLID for the 20th that is not included with those 61 clicks. Why is that?