AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Missing Conversion? (Adwords and Analytics don't match)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I just compared the conversion/ecommerce data of Adwords and Analytics and here's what I see:

1. Analytics shows 8 transactions from google/cpc but Adwords only have 4 conversions.

2. Analytics shows almost $700 more in revenue than Adwords.

Anyone has the same problem or know why this is happening? 

Thanks,

Tiffany

P.S. I checked the "Time to Purchase" and only one transaction was 28+ more.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Missing Conversion? (Adwords and Analytics don't match)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Tiffany,

Welcome to the AdWords communitySmiley Happy

First you understand the attribution modeling of google AdWords and Google analytics.

_AdWords work on last click attribution modeling where as the Google analytics works on first click attribution modeling.

for example AdWords only consider those conversion when users completed transaction while clicking ads of AdWords. if they did not completed the and comes to the website and perform transaction it will not counted in AdWords where as analytics count it as a transaction.

Here you can find more detail about it.

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/2679221?hl=en
--Rakesh Kumar, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query ? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for taking the time to reply.

However, this is specific data under Analytics --> Ecommerce --> Transaction --> Source/Medium of google/cpc. The transactions were completed with actually $ value.

If a visitor clicks on the ad, not complete the transaction immediately but returned later, does it not count in the many-per-click conversion?

Tiffany

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Tiffany,

From what I understand, you have 4 conversions on Adwords and 8 On Analytics. I have an example to make it clear to you.

Suppose you have an user who buys 2 products, but adwords records it as 1 conversion. Reason is this that the thank you page or payment confirmation page would open only once. You would have a cart of products which would be then attributted to individual products, categories, campaigns and adgroups in ecommerce tracking on analytics.

So its not necesarry that an user will only buy 1 product for every coversion. He can have many products in one conversion. In Ecommerce Tracking conversion should be referred as transaction. In one transaction, there can be 1 or many product quantities.

Hope this helps. Do shout if yet you need some clarification.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Chetan for your reply.

My problem is that the total amount do not match. Also, there were one day that GA recording 2 google/cpc transactions but Adwords conversions shown 0 conversion.

I added Bing conversion script at the beginning of the months, but I don't think that should make any difference....

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Tiffany, I've heard that Analytics and Adwords have different response times. Now my expertise in this area is practically zilch, it might be an angle for the experts to ponder.

Apols if this doesn't help. Gem xx