AdWords
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Mismatch data from behaviour flow and source

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all,

I'm having hard times understanding data from different sections. 

1) The page I'm analyzing collected 7.37k page views in a specific time frame.

2) In the behaviour flow section I see 6,24k sessions of users that landed to the page, and they did internally from my website. 

3) In the source page I see the same number of page views, 7.37k, but none of these page views originates from my website: they are all external (google, direct, social,...). 

According to these figures, I feel quite confused as I don't understand how information about internal traffic (behavior flow) matches with external traffic (source)? 

Thanks in advance for your help.

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Re: Mismatch data from behaviour flow and source

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Enico,
This is the AdWords forum. You might get a better answer asking over on the GA forum here - https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!categories/analytics

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi Enico,

Just a little addition to what Dave said above, as per my understanding Behavior Flow Report is the Internal Report which determines and give you insights how different pages are interlinked and how users have moved from one page to another with or without any hurdles.

As far as I understood your question, you might be comparing two different reports which might not be linked to each other. May be you are talking about the traffic coming to your website from different sources like Google, Bing, which cannot be compared to how your internal site flow report is. Tha'ts my understanding. Rest you can post this over the Analytics forum by using the link given above.

Pankaj

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Dave for the pointer.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Pankaj,
thanks for your feedback. My understanding is that since a specific page gets a certain number of page views, traffic is generated both by internal and external traffic. In this specific case, I can hardly understand why the number of total page views coincides with the one from the source section. By the way I look forward to receiving some hints on the GA forum.