AdWords
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Mine Google tag manager enabled conversion goes haywire

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Friends,

Recently i shifted to Google tag Manger (GTM) from traditional way of tracking of placing code of every snippets.

But since we placed gtm our conversion goes less than half and CPA goes more than double. it been more than 15 days since our tracking is gone out of control.   

Please suggest should we continue  with gtm or  back same old way of tracking.

Kindly assist.

Addy

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Mine Google tag manager enabled conversion goes haywire

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Addy,

IMO, there are only a few scenarios possible here (well likely more but I'm only sharing a few).

1. Your previous tracking was in some way overcounting conversions and the new setup is now reporting more accurate conversion data.
2. Your new tracking is not correctly and accurately capturing all conversion data.
3. Something else, not in any way related to your tracking - this would be more in line with general account optimizations.

Changing tracking (assuming it's been correct all along) will not directly impact your conversions - all of the factors leading to the conversion happen prior to the final tracking of a particular conversion.

Just my couple cents.

-Tommy
Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Re: Mine Google tag manager enabled conversion goes haywire

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Thanks for the reply, mine thanks page is dynamic page , i guess that might be the reason for slow tracking, on other hand mine ga tracking is also done through gtm and i found out mine avg conversion tracked from google/cpc have gone higher in ga account and started showing more than conversion in ad words account. Please suggest the way , should i paste adwords conversion code or i am missing some thing