AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Message Extension Tracking

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys as you know google has come up with new message extension, i just need to know is there any way we can track message extension.conversions??

I think only client will know about the messages, let me know if there is any way we can track Message extension.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ashish k
November 2016

[ Edited ]
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

When the message extension is used, it will count as a conversion just like a form fill or a call. The conversions are broken out by type in 

Dimensions > View:Conversions>Conversion Name.  It counts as a call. 

Also you can see it on the Keywords page by sorting on the "Conversions" column (descending) so the conversions are at the top. Then:

Segment>Conversions>Conversion Name. 

Caution/disclaimer: This is just two weeks in to using this type of conversion in campaigns.  I am basing this on what I see in campaigns that are now beginning to get text message conversions (I have confirmed that).  So I am assuming they are getting counted, and they are labeled as calls. This is a new enough addition to AdWords, that it will be good to verify this with others, or perhaps Google will weigh in.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Ashish K,

I think Steve nailed it for you. 

And you will be able to see general reporting in the extensions tab and with click type segmentation. 

Keep us posted on your discoveries with this new feature.

All the Best,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Steve,

Thanks for your reply.

As you said i tried using Segment>Conversions>Conversion Name and i can see the keywords which helped me giving leads and call from ads.

So if someone clicks message extension it will be counted as call from ads right?.

So all keywords who got clicks through extensions will come under call from ads.

but still we cannot say conversion came from message extension?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 5
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

Yes that is how I believe it works.  Google is just counting a text message as a phone call, which technically (arguably) is correct.  Hopefully they will make changes to break that out, I'm kind of surprised they didn't. 

Messaging extensions is a brand new feature and I have not "run a test" to be sure that the messages are being counted, i am just assuming they are, and I do have campaigns which are now getting messages, and they are showing call conversions.  You could find out definitively by having someone text from your ad, then watching the conversion count.  Just keep in mind reporting data can be delayed, usually about 3 hours. 

I could be mistaken, but I do not believe Google has yet addressed this issue (reporting of messages generated by the messaging extension) in their online documentation about it.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Is the message extension available globally, or just in the US? 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is the conversion counted when they click on the link from the ad or when the actual text goes through? I am showing 32 conversions, but the clients says they have gotten 7. Thanks.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I click on submit I get the text message and then enter the code and it takes it and then Google says sorry try again later

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Is the Chat messaging feature available in Canada?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Noah, Thanks for raising the question, I am on the same plank here. Did you happen to get an answer to this one, please share. Thanks