AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Measuring Mobile Phone Ad assists to determine mobile bid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We can change our bid based on whether it's a mobile phone; but to determine by how much I should decrease mobile bids, I want to base it on analytics data, but I can't find/create the right report. 

In GA:  Audience > Mobile > Overview  shows mobile transactions but I imagine this is last click analysis, which would miss people who first viewed on a phone but later bought on a desktop or tablet. 

Other reports in Analtyics seem to treat phones as tablets as the same thing under the "mobile" name, but in Adwords we are asked to change the phone bid not the combined tablet & phone bid, so I need report that shows me transactions that somewhere in path has a mobile ad click. 

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Philip R
September 2015

Re: Measuring Mobile Phone Ad assists to determine mobile bid

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi there,

I might be over-simplifying here, but why don't you just use the 'Devices' segment within the AdWords interface and look at the performance? You can then adjust the CPC % adjustment on that basis, assuming you have conversion tracking installed within your campaigns.

Let me know if that helps or you need something else.
Jack Porter-Smith
Jack's G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Jack

I've yet to find a Conversion column in Adwords that reflects the sum of all my paid transactions. If I look at multi channel funnels in Analytics, there I see 10-20% more Google Adwords conversions than I see in Adwords itself.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Because my mobile vs desktop conversion rate is quite pronounced in both GA and Adwords, I happy to conclude that I should spend less on mobile, although I do find it strange that Adwords and GA can't agree.