AdWords
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Measuring Ad Position at Bottom of Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Does anyone know how to track ad postion for the bottom of the page placement? I know that {adposition} will show top vs side and in the Adwords UI you can see "Top vs Other" but has anyone been able to track when ads appear at the bottom of the SERP? Any input is appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shmenzo
September 2015

Re: Measuring Ad Position at Bottom of Page

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Shemenzo!

I think I understand what you are asking for.... You want to see how the ad performs at the bottom of the page of the SE right? I know that in google analytics there is a section called Keyword positions. Its Advertising>Adwords>Keyword Positions. I know you can see the keyword that triggered the ad and how the ad performed in that particular position. 

Hope this helps! Smiley Happy

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Shmenzo
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hello Shmenzo; welcome;

Google only reveals data of Top vs. Other   ad position (meaning = side and bottom)...

http://support.google.com/adwords/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1702897

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks to both of you. Using LawyerCentral’s solution, I could see the position by clicking each keyword one at a time (sorted by visits). The lowest position I could find on any given keyword was “Side 9”.

I guess “Top vs Other” is as much insight as we will get for now.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Good luck! Smiley Happy