AdWords
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Measurement Tools

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My biggest issue is comparison from week to week. For instance, I have a new client who we are keeping a close eye on with a new campaign. So I check a particular ad group and record (to an excel sheet) impressions, clicks, ctr, conversion information, placement, etc. Then we make some changes to the account (and record what we did to that sheet). In a week (or whatever time period we decide), we go back to that ad group and see the new statistics. But then we record those new stats to that original sheet (right below the old ones) and compare what we want to look at. We do it this way so that we don't have to keep changing the adwords dates back and forth from screen to screen. Also, the changes we made listed there so if the effects are negative, we know exactly what we did needs to be undone.

This is very time consuming, but it allows us to look at specific measurements over that time period on a single screen. Is there a software (or tool) that people use for this time of recording? Or what do people use?

Thanks in advance for any advice...

-Mike

Re: Measurement Tools

[ Edited ]
Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Re: Measurement Tools

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Christopher,
Thanks so much. Yes, I do that as well (I have 3 monitors all side by side for that purpose), but the problem is that I want to see the numbers to compare, but I also want to see my notes as well for the changes (and not have to have 2 or 3 screens of adwords, and one screen for my change notes). Because I'm on the road quite a bit with my laptop and don't have the luxury of the multiple screens. Just curious what other people do. Thanks for your response, I greatly appreciate it.
-Mike