AdWords
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Measure google adword conversion happening from different target user

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

our company implements a platform for a two sided market place. The order experience of our users, involves a multi step async flow between buyers and sellers (a bit similar to booking a room in airbnb. Order -> Accept).

We want to track conversion of ad campaigns for the following scenario:

1. buyer click ads and lands to product page

2. buyer places an order by pre authorizing payment with credit card

3. seller is notified about order and opens the order details

4. seller accepts order. (at this moment pre authorized payment from buyer is charged).

We want to be able to track the conversion at step 4 for the ads clicked at step 1. However, the seller doesn't have the cookie set in the session for the buyer.

What is the best way set up tracking conversion for such scenario? Also in step 4 we would like to add remarketing tags for buyer. Would it be possible?

Thanks. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Simone P,

The easiest thing to do is place your AdWords conversion code on the thanks you page in step 4. You can use this for remarketing, too.

The AdWords conversion code uses a 3rd party cookie that goes to Google, so it doesn't matter what site it's placed on, it still works as expected.

Best of Luck!

Pete

petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@petebardo Thanks for your answer. But I want just to be sure that my question was clear enough, and the answer is going to lead to correct reporting. 

My doubt comes from the fact that the tag is not on a different website at step 4 as mentioned by your answer, but only the user that sees the thank you page is a different user than the one that clicked the ad (or the one we converted).

Would this still be correct?

Thank you

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Simone P
August

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Simone P,

Yes, I was assuming the same user/same browser completed step 4.

Looks like you'll need to manually upload the conversion data. To do that, you'll need to capture the gclid in step 1. You can save it to a local db along with the order and payment information. Then after the payment is processed, upload the conversion to Google.

Best of Luck!

Pete

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Pete. 

Thanks a lot. That looks easy.

Just one doubt is, how do I manually pass the gclid with the conversion event from the script?

Best,

Simone

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Simone,

Start here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2998031?hl=en

Pete