AdWords
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Measure call extension performance with no google forwarding number

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I can't use google forwarding number since target country is Japan and GFN is available only in US,UK & Germany. So how can we track call extension performance in adwords (no. of people manually dialling business phone no.) in such case from desktop/tablets/mobiles. 

Thanks

Nik

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Measure call extension performance with no google forwarding numbe

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Nikanalytics,

You can not track any phone call conversion data. Google does not provide facility.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Suman. So only thing I could do is - compare call extension with device/other extension in order to track very limited data such as impressions, clicks etc. for ads with phone number. Am I correct? But what if user clicks on CALL button on mobile, can't I track this detail as well?

Awaiting more replies from other adwords users.

Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ☆ ☆

If you are using the unique number especially dedicated to Call number which you have mentioned in your call extension then you are able to measure performance by montioring how any times you receieved call on that particular number, as on the interface of Adwords, it will only show the amount of clicks and impression with which your call extension number is shown with ad

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Manish, Thanks for the reply. Actually number is not unique. So I think, the only possible way to track the effectiveness is by tracking avg. calls received before & after and understanding what details user's are asking during the call.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
There are also third party call tracking solutions which report back into Analytics.

I use http://calltrackingmetrics.go2cloud.org/SH18 and they offer the service in Japan according to their website. The benefit here is that you can select to track only calls from certain sources - so, in this case, only pay to track calls from AdWords.... which means you're not going to pay for any other calls that come in from existing clients or suppliers who go to your website to get your number....

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭