AdWords
3.7K members online now
3.7K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Many conversion on single thank you page?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello all,

Could you please guide me on - 

What if I put two different conversion codes from two different accounts on the same thank you page?

If someone visits thank you page.. how will conversion be counted? and in which account? or both?

Note -I'm not using any if condition in the source code.

Also please explain how exactly conversion code works behind the scene.

Thanks,

Vinayak 

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Many conversion on single thank you page?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Vinayak,

Perhaps I am misunderstanding your question and/or setup. 

First, I would ask.  How can you have multiple accounts that would use the same conversion page? 

Conversions start with a click, which is associated with a single account, campaign, ad group, keyword and ad.  That click produces a cookie on a users computer.  When that cookie meets conversion code from the same account, the conversion is tracked.  

Hypothetically, you could have multiple conversion codes on a single page but I'm still curious about your setup if you have multiple accounts that are being served by the same conversion pages.

Can you elaborate on your setup?  Perhaps there is an alternative solution for you.

-Tom 

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Tom,

Thanks for quick response.

Actually one of my client has given me two account logins (two accounts serving single landing page, yes!.. But both the accounts have different settings) 

Now can you please tell me what will happen in this case in following scenario- (2 Accounts - Say A & B)

1.If visitor searches with Keyword present in Acc - A, comes to LP & fills up d form.

2.If visitor searches with Keyword present in both the accounts- & completes the conversion.

3.If visitor comes to LP direct typing the website URL & browsing for more info- & completes the conversion.

Please help me through this.

Thanks,

Vinayak

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Vinayak,

I must advise that you refer to the AdWords Double Serving Policy.  I'm not sure that 'settings' are enough to distinguish two separate accounts for the same website/business, but I'll leave that to you to sort out. 

Regardless of how a user searches, there will be an ad shown that is associated with either Account A or Account B there cannot be an ad that is connected to multiple accounts.

So the ad that is delivered and clicked will be the one that records the conversion, assuming the conversion happens after an ad click happens.

If a user does not click and ad, no conversion will be reported in AdWords.

An ad click must happen for the AdWords conversion to register and that user must reach conversion code that is associated with that account.

If as you say, these multiple AdWords accounts are sharing landing pages and conversion pages, then you will need conversion code from both accounts on the final conversion page in order to trigger conversions from both accounts.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Tommy Sands, AdWords Top Contributor | Community Profile | Twitter | Philly Marketing Labs
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hey Tom,

As you said-
If as you say, these multiple AdWords accounts are sharing landing pages and conversion pages, then you will need conversion code from both accounts on the final conversion page in order to trigger conversions from both accounts.

This is exactly the situation right now.. I want to know if visitor completes the conversion. will it be counted in any of the account or in both accounts?

I know i'm repeating but I need more clarity on this.

Many thanks,
Vinayak

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi Vinayak,

There will be an ad served to a user, from one account or the other...that ad is associated with only one account. 

If a conversion is completed, it can only be associated with one account, the account where the ad was delivered from.

Here is some further reading for you:

Setting up conversion tracking
Understanding conversion tracking

-Tom

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Vinayak ;

Just to follow with Tom: You are at high risk of these accounts both suspended without being able to reinstate them forever!

If they serve the same web page, it's a basic Policy violation that Google does not tolerate. I urge you to close one instantly. It's just a matter of time before caught by Google crawlers

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks a lot Tom & Moshe for your valuable inputs.

I spoke to many people regarding double serving policy & it's violation.. I'm surprised to know that being aware of this policy many people still violating it & they are saying Google has not taken any action on their accounts since years..

I surely will follow the guidelines given by Google.. But what if those people are violating & enjoying the accounts they are handling.. Its like Google is discriminating small/individual professionals & agencies..

Anywyz thanks again for your help. Smiley Happy

Regards,
Vinayak
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi Vinayak,

We had a nice discussion about this exact policy recently, you can check this out here (See Karl's response).

There are a few, very few situations where multiple accounts are valid to use but for the most part, it is not okay and a direct violation.

Although Google works hard to keep a level playing field, you always have the option to report violations that you find.

Hope this helps!

-Tom

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Vinayak,

I agree with Tom on that. You don't need to look that far....If you run an advanced search on: "double serving violation", you will find dozens of posts on accounts suspended, due to violation of the double serving policy clause.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’