AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Many AdWords Clicks vs. No GA Visits

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!

I am having troubles with my AdWords campign.  

During 3 days of active advertising, I had had almost 250 clicks.

But Google Analytics showed only 5 direct visits during 3 days, and now visitors from my ads.

Today, I have tested an advertising myself (searched for a keyword in google, my ad appeared, clicked it, opened target url, for testing reasons I've added ?c=adwords231112 parameter to compare different channels) and GA showed my visit almost in real time (with 5 seconds delay).

I am aware about clicks vs. visits difference, but can't believe in many clicks vs. no visits results!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Many AdWords Clicks vs. No GA Visits

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Korolev,

Welcome to the forum Smiley Happy

Did you link Adwords with Analytics properly? Most of the time it happens that Adwords is not properly linked with Analytics which lead to these kind of discprepanies. Please cross check the steps in this article.

Did you get any traffic from other traffic sources like organic, referral etc for the similar time period?

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by pankaj1782 (Top Contributor)
September 2015

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Pankaj,

It seems that i've found the problem.

My GA account setting contained diffeerent url to track (I've misspelled one letter   platfrom instead of platform).

Though, it still could track my vivists – that's why I didn't realize it was a mistype Smiley Happy)

Thank you for your time.

Best regards,

Ilya Korolev

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having a similar issue with my companies Google Analytics. Ours is unique as we do not use ADwords. We track the clicks internally and typically GA will reflect the same amount in visits (with maybe a 10% differencial). As of recent this differencial has been huge. In some cases we track 200 clicks and GA has only recorded 100 visits.

I have ensured that the coding is accurate and on every page of the clients web site as well and still no fix. Google doesn't have anyone who can answer this. They said to tell our clients it is a free tool and there is no support (as if that would fly).

I just need to know why this is happening and how I can fix it. If you do not know of a fix, what would you suggest telling our customers?

Thanks for any help,

Brad