AdWords
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Manual offline conversion import

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We want to manually (for the moment) import conversions from 3rd party tracking solution using gclid's. 3rd party registers better the conversions than adwords (discrepancy of ~50%).

From it(3rd party) we export all the conversions that happened, meaning all the gclids for one account.

When we take these conversions to adwords and import them into adwords, adwords does not filtered out the conversions happened before.

How can we help adwords match the imported gclids to the gclids that adwords registered conversions for, so we dont double the respective number conversions already registered?

Does not adwords have the gclids associated with the registered conversion somewhere for it to check, know and filter out when it receives the gclids from import?

Appreciate any idea,

Ionut

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Manual offline conversion import

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello,

As far as I understood the concept of offline conversions, it is meant to keep track of the real sales for you that tend to generate when someone visits your office and sign a contract with you (for example) after that individual has filled up a form and that lead has been tracked inside AdWords. This is just an example.

Technical part of how this process will take place is given in the informative help center reference here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2998031?hl=en

This doc also gives you a conversion upload template which should be followed before initiating the import process.

Let us know if that helps!

Pankaj

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Ionut ,

So you want to know if a conversion is recorded first by adwords and then imported also as offline conversion , how to avoid recording 2 conversions even if the gclid is the same for both. I think this should not be happening in the first place.

Have you tried calling the phone line ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the replies.

Yes, Adrian, This is what I am trying to make sure.
If Adwords stores the gclids of the conversions they register somewhere/anywhere and checks with these when we make the import of the gclids with all conversions.

In theory, they state that "Don't worry about double counting — AdWords won't count the same uploaded conversion more than once". But they strictly refer only to offline importing, with no reference to the conversions already registered within adwords.

I am contacting the account manager for his input.

Thanks,
Ionut

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author ionut_lupu
September 2015

Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Collaborator ✭ ✭ ✭

There was a similar discussion here, and a google representative commented in message 8 :

https://www.en.adwords-community.com/t5/Tracking-Reporting/Imported-Same-Conversions-2-and-3/m-p/322...

The feedback was something related to duplication caused by different conversion names.

Since this feature is highly advanced, there is a higher chance of solving it by asking google to look into it directly.