AdWords
1.5K members online now
1.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Making and tracking Goals

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Guys,

Need you help once again.

I have to setup goals/event tracking to execute the following criteria of Goals & Analyze after the setup.

But before we get into the technical part, here is some information i'd like to share so that it becomes very clear what i want.Basically my client has 3 websites interlinked with each other. When a user will land on the first website he will be directed to another website for further process (subscribe,PDF download) etc etc and then finally purchasing the services on the third domain.

What i want to track is the following:

1] Number of Visits from optin button from each source.

2] Number of people completed the optin process.

3] Number of PDF downloads ( After optin, a mail is sent to user email id from which he can download the PDF)

4] After downloading the PDF. How many people clicked the links inside the PDF to go to the final sales page (third website).

5] How many people clicked on Add to Cart button.

6] Lastly how many people actually go through the sale.

How many goals/event tracking i need to track the above requirements? I am a novice in Goals and event tracking. 

I request everyone please help me out with this. if you need any more info just ask. Send me your ideas even if you have not tried yet i will apply them to see if they work.

Please dont send me cross domain tracking links. I have already gone through them but didnt find any live example that meets my criteria exactly.

Frank

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Making and tracking Goals

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi Franklin,

This looks like a question that would be better addressed in the Google Analytics Community. You can re-post your questions to the Community at this link: https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/analytics 

Re: Making and tracking Goals

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Thanks JP Smiley Very Happy