AdWords
6.2K members online now
6.2K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Long-tail keyword penelization

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I bought a domain with a large search volume but I'm afraid of being penelized.  The domain is a long-tail keyword domain, and I suppose I can put together a website that answers the question that is my long-tail keyword.  I'm worried that having a simple 1 page website will have me written off for lack of other content (even though it will very clearly address the original question).  On the other side of things, I have no problem making a go-to resource website, however, I'm afraid that on that end, I may get penelized for my specific longtail domain having other content not directly related to my longtail domain.  Is there a proper way to go about this?  Thank you all for your help.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Long-tail keyword penelization

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Your approach is all wrong.
Don't build your website around AdWords, build it around your business.

AdWords really isn't suited to websites trying to making a quick buck, it's useful to advertise a business that delights in providing an excellent product and excellent customer service.

If you think you'll have a problem with advertising your website with AdWords, you probably will.

If you're not selling a product or service, it's probably not a good idea.

AdWords doesn't penalize domain names because of the letters in them, it penalizes the landing page/website/business model.