AdWords
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Logistical question regarding website call tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Looking for a little background on the technical aspects of Google's website call tracking feature.

My question is how the code works when you apply it to a native page on your website that also happens to be a PPC page. Let's say ghost pages aren't an option, so the landing page to which I'm driving PPC visitors are also accessible to users via organic, email, Facebook, etc. In one of these instances described...

1) Does a dynamic phone number still render to the user? Or does it have a "fall back" model in which a number we specify renders instead of the dynamically generated PPC phone number?

2) If not, do these calls from non-PPC sources somehow get filtered out of AdWords tracking?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by MosheTLV (Top Contributor)
July 2016

Re: Logistical question regarding website call tracking

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Andrew,

The Google call forwarding number will only show to users who have clicked through a Google advert.
Any organic users who haven't clicked through an advert will be shown your regular phone number (which is why Google requests you enter a phone number in to the code).

Hope this helps,

ly!Re: Logistical question regarding website call tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It does indeed - thanks so much for the prompt reply!