AdWords
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Location and ip tracking

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I count conversion by receiving phone call.I see 16 clicks on yesterday but there is no single phone call. How can I know if there is any fake clicking or how can I know actually who or from where it is clicked on my ads?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Location and ip tracking

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee
Hi @M A H,
I've moved this post over to the AdWords Community from Google Small Business so that someone there can offer some guidance.
Thanks

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Use

Segment > Click Type

to see the type of clicks.

For IP tracking, you can use a third party service to capture the IP of AdWords visitors to your site. There isn't a way of determining the IP address of people clicking to call in your ads.

Badged Google Partner
# 4
Badged Google Partner
Not every click leads to a conversion. 16 clicks is a very small sample size.
Tom

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks Ms Lizz. I talked with Mr Farhan, member of Google Singapore Office. The guy explained all my asking nicely in my native language. This is a great service from Google Adword Team.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi RobSkelton, I am using wordpress site. Do you know how to see the ip addresses from WordPress log file?

Rising Star
# 7
Rising Star
For IP addresses you need a 3rd party solution, combined with adding tracking code to your ads. That's the only way you can isolate clicks that came from paid ads.

Location and ip tracking

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I HAVE OVER 30 CLICKS A DAY I AM QUITE POSITIVE THAT MY COMPETITORS ARE CLICKING  MY GOOGLE ADWORDS TO DRIVE UP MY COST  HOW CAN I STOP THIS?  DO I GET AN IP TRACKING SOFTWARE? I KNOW YOU CAN EXCLUDE IP ADDRESSES IN GOOGLE ANALYTICS. HOW DO I TRACE THESE OFFENDERS?

Location and ip tracking

Rising Star
# 9
Rising Star

Hi John,

The only way to get the IP addresses of offenders is via a 3rd party solution. There are many to choose from, although Click Cease seems to be the only one that will automatically add IP exclusions to your AdWords account.