AdWords
4.5K members online now
4.5K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Location Type: Physical location and Location of interest

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

We have an specific Landing Page for Leads for a Region. This LP is used only in an ad group which includes +keyword region and keyword region

Target : People in, searching for, or who show interest in my targeted location

If I go to Dimensions > Geographic - I get 50% traffic from Location type:Physical location and 50% Location of interest

The question is: Does Location of interest excludes all physical location? 
I mean if this ad group if for example for "New York", when the report says:
-  Region: New York   Location type:  Physical location  >>> Includes only people physically in NY.
-  Region: New York   Location type:  Location of interest  >>> This means these people are NOT physically in NY or could it be a combination of being interested + being physically located there? 

Thank you!
1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Daniela P
March 2016

Re: Location Type: Physical location and Location of interest

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hey Daniela, how are things?

Daniela P wrote:

-  Region: New York   Location type:  Physical location  >>> Includes only people physically in NY.
-  Region: New York   Location type:  Location of interest  >>> This means these people are NOT physically in NY or could it be a combination of being interested + being physically located there? 

Short answer to your question: Location of Interest will not include people physically there. If someone is located inside the geographic area, they will show as "Physical Location".

For Location of Interest, Google have a few methods to determine what will count as an "interest". Some of them are: People can show interest through terms used in their searches, if they were recently in a location, content that they view related to the location (pages or sites),  if they select the location in their Google search settings or if they have set their home location in Google Maps somewhere inside of your targeted location.

Hope this answer your doubt. Also, you can learn more about this here: https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1722038?hl=en

Hope this helps.

_

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click