AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Local or Toll-free number in ads?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

I have a client that gave me a toll-free phone number and said that it goes to their phone number, but they don't know how.

My question is (in the USA) if the Google call extension gives toll-free or local numbers in the ad. To me, it would make sense if it mirrored what you put in, ex. 713 number in the ad then the user would get a 713 number, vs. a 713 area code and then getting an 1-855 number.

In our case, we put in a local number and are wondering if it got turned into a 1-855. Is there a way to know if it is a Google number?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Local or Toll-free number in ads?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Joe R,

Click-to-call goes to a Google number to record the call, then forwards to your number. There's no charge for this in an enhanced campaign.

Best of Luck!

Pete
petebardo -- Deadhead doing AdWords

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Pete, I get that part, but when the user clicks on the ad and the Google number gets put on their phone, is it a toll-free number or a local number? Thanks!
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Joe R
September 2015

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
I talked to Google yesterday and got my question answered. Google just uses toll-free numbers. You can also look in the dimensions tab "call details" to see when calls were made. I used that to see when Google calls were made and cross referenced it with our call logs. Bingo!