AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Local Search Trends only shows 10 month data, not 12?

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi,

normally 12 month data for 'Local Search Trends' ara shown in the keyword tool https://adwords.google.com/o/Targeting/Explorer?__c=8158213244&__u=7003497821&__o=cues&ideaRequestTy...

Normally Google keywords tool is 'just' 5 weeks behind.

Example:

At the end of march ist should show 12 month data for:

1. feb 13
  2. jan 13
  3. dec 12
  4. nov 12
  5. okt
  6. sept
  7. aug
  8. july
  9. june
  10. may
  11. march
  12. feb

At the beginning of march (now) its was normal behavior the data for feb 13 are not in. But what I see now is that feb and jan are missing...

1. dec 12
  2. nov 12
  3. okt
  4. sept
  5. aug
  6. july
  7. june
  8. may
  9. march
  10. feb

I see only 10 month data, not 12. The last 2 month are missing.

Are you seeing this too? Will this be normal behavior or is it a bug/ exception

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Anne (Google Employee)
September 2015

Re: Local Search Trends only shows 10 month data, not 12?

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

I didn't change anything - just did a test! It could have been that the data was temporarily unavailable for some reason.

Does everyone else see it?

Anne

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Keesjan and welcome to the forum.  Where exactly are you seeing this?  Is it in downloaded data or actually in Google Trends?  I have to say I'm seeing Jan 2013 and Feb 2013 in downloaded data from the Keyword tool and Trends is showing data right up to today (although it's saying "partial").

Jon

AdWords Top Contributor Google+ Profile | Partner Profile | AdWords Audits

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Cobnut,

I see it in the internal keywords tool in Adwords. Country: Netherlands, language: Dutch

Bott the colum data 'Local Search Trends', the green bar, one bar per month only show 10 bars.

and the csv download only have 10 month filled.

Its like:

feb-13 jan-13 dec-12 nov-12 Oct 2012 sep-12 aug-12 jul-12 jun-12 May 2012 apr-12

but feb-13 and jan--13 are empty!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm seeing this too. I've normally seen prior month's local search trends begin to populate around the 3rd week of every month, but haven't seen January of 2013 populated at all yet and now we're in the middle of March and still see no joy.

I've been looking and this is the first time I'm seeing anyone else having this issue as well. It's a bit concerning that Cobnut is seeing this data and I still am not.

Only 10 months of data are being shown in both the UI graph as well as the exports. I just grabbed an export and screenshot a few minutes ago to show you:

test.png

Any more insight into this issue would be great. Thank!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi folks, I have to say that now I'm not seeing this data either, so you're not alone Smiley Happy  I did definitely see it when I did my original search earlier in this thread but I've done a few today and I'm seeing the same thing.

I'll escalate this and see if we can get a solution or explanation.

Jon

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi Everyone,

Are you all still seeing this? I did a test download and saw data through Jan 13, which is what I'd expect at this point. Feb 13 may be available in the next week or so, hopefully.

Can you re-download the reports and let me know if you're still experiencin the issue?

Thanks!

Anne

Screen Shot 2013-03-15 at 6.20.35 AM.png

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi Anne, thanks for the reply.  What did you do?  I'm now seeing Jan 13, as in your screenshot.  

Jon

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Anne (Google Employee)
September 2015

Google Employee
# 8
Google Employee

I didn't change anything - just did a test! It could have been that the data was temporarily unavailable for some reason.

Does everyone else see it?

Anne

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

HI, I can confirm that jan '13 data are available now. I also see 11 green trend bars now.

@Anne: Can you confirm it takes Google 6! weeks to get the data for a month? Normal behavior till now was that by the end of feb, jan data where available....

And even better: now by march 15, I think it should be possible to have collected the data for feb....

In Google insights the data are just one week behind! See http://www.google.com/trends/explore#date=today%2012-m&q=2e%20hands%20fietsen Please make your Adwords clients happy!

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Keesjan, while waiting for Anne to come back can I ask why it's so desperate that you have this very recent data?  The keyword tool data is only ever an approximation and the figures rarely change much from one month to the next.

What is it that you're using this data for that must be so up to the minute?

Jon