AdWords
4K members online now
4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Local Estimates and Queries - How to get data

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey guys, 

Does anyone know how to pull pay per click estimates and costs for local searches, like roofers san antonio or dui attorney san antonio both for keywords and competitors/domains?  

Spy tools like spyfu, semrush, and keyword planner provide very incomplete, often incorrect data for locally searched data.  Tools like Market Samura and Long Tail Pro pull data from google adwords/planner, so they don't help either.  Anyway to get more accurate data?  

Need to have some better ways to estimate CPC for local keywords and get better competition analysis.  

Anybody know of additional tools or sources where I can cross reference this type of stuff?  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Local Estimates and Queries - How to get data

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Sam D;

The best data available is the "history CPC" in the keyword planner. It represents  the actual cost advertisers paid.

However, do remember that these are statistical figures (i.e averages) and like any statistical value an  average has a "margin of error", which Google does not report, and in any locations could be quite broad.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’