AdWords
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Loads of Clicks, Less contacts

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Actually, I don't know which forum this should be posted. However, where ever it does come up, please, do me the favour of responding. I have been having like 23 clicks a month on my ADS, yet the return is probably 2 in those 23 clicks. I have had a day I had 6 clicks and no single one of those clicks made a  call  or even send any email to enquire. We are all vulnerable to these clicks. I was also thinking that once people click on your ADS, all their information such as Contact Number, email address be automatically sent to the person running the campaign, but I also thought about Data Protection acts. Is there anyway we can visibly view the IP addresses clicking on our ADS in the data analysis report? This helps us track and catch an IP address repeating clicks on our ADS. I spoke to a representative at Google and she talked me through enabling the invalid click issue which as on AdGroup Tab. I have has 6 clicks as I write now and there has not been any enquiry about my services. Does this mean that people just want to read about your company and then move on? I have been told by people to behave or else they will keep clicking on my ads, Although this was some kind of just having a laugh. I would like to know what Google is really doing to stop these invalid clicks. 

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ShashankSingh (Rising Star)
September 2015

Re: Loads of Clicks, Less contacts

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Though it is clear from the landing page that you offer services in different categories, my recommendations;

• To set a separate landing page for each category / service
  • To set  separate ad-group for each service. The ad-copy should be focused on the specific service.
Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;
Honestly; to me it sounds that your landing page odes not convert, rather than a competitor clicking on your ads to exhaust your budget.
Could you share  the landing page so we can have a look?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star
Hi Abidemi,

Frankly, I am of the opinion that you are not driving enough traffic to your website/ landing page to start accumulating conversions. Like you said, in a month you record close to 23 clicks and 2 of those turn out to be conversions for you. If you look at it, you have a conversion rate of 8.6%, which is great but you click numbers are too low to call this a good figure.

My guess here is that you are either targeting very niche keywords with the most restrictive match types like Exact & Phrase which is why you are not able to drive enough traffic to your LP.

Other than this, as Moshe said, your landing page could not be very interesting or alluring to the traffic landing there which is why they just bounce of your page. Also, take a look at your ad copies and see if your ad copies are up to the mark, i.e. if you are using proper CTA's, are you giving out the right message to your potential users, etc.

Once you understand the area that you need to improve on in your campaigns, you can work on those areas and possibly expand on your reach over time.

Here is a link that can help you ascertain if you are ad copies are effective enough:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/1704392?hl=en

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
My Landing page is www.clean-genie-norwich.co.uk
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ShashankSingh (Rising Star)
September 2015

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Though it is clear from the landing page that you offer services in different categories, my recommendations;

• To set a separate landing page for each category / service
  • To set  separate ad-group for each service. The ad-copy should be focused on the specific service.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star
Couldn't have agreed more with Moshe on this.

Use these recommendations from Moshe on Landing pages and ad copies as a thumb rule when setting up any account. A separate/dedicated landing page is a must when you are offering multiple products/services and your campaigns should consist of adgroups that target each of these services/products specifically along with very specific ad copies.

An up side to all of this is that your QS will also see an overall improvement.

Hope this Helps!

Cheers!

Shashank
Cheers,
Shashank Singh, AdWords Rising Star |
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please hit "Like" or "Accept as Solution"

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Yes. I quite catch that. There are several landing pages. So when you
click on the general link, you will be able to see other links to what you
are looking for. My ads are classified into so many parts. When a
customer search anything related to cleaning, the nane of the company
comes up. I think is the keywords.

I will keep monitoring this till I get it right.