AdWords
3.1K members online now
3.1K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Linking multiple Adwords accounts to an Analytics account

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm trying to link some Adwords accounts to one Analytics account (something that is possible in the new Analytics version).
We have been using manual tagging until now, and have many destination urls, so it is easier to stick to manual tagging using the 'utm_' variables, but there is no variable regarding which account this destination url belongs to, so I was wondering if there's any way for Analytics to know which account the keyword is from.
I'm quite a newbie to this process, but it seems that if multiple linkage is an option, we could know which Adwords account the campaign/ad group is in for example.
Am I missing something? Is this data somehow passed using the 'gclid' parameter?

Thanks a lot.
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Linking multiple Adwords accounts to an Analytics account

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello;

I am worried about "some Adwords accounts"....

Do you have more than one account for your business?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes, we do. We're managing multiple sites.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hello again;

Make sure you do not violate the double serving section of the Policy

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’