AdWords
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Linking campaign to specific conversion tracking set up

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

I have set up 5 Adwords campaigns one per 5 different websites.

I have set up 5 conversion tracking scripts with different values for each website. How do i link appropriate conversion tracking to each Adwords campaign?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Linking campaign to specific conversion tracking set up

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi Eric, how are things?

You when reach Conversion Tracking interface, you can create several conversion tracking pixels, one for each website you wish.

Below there's a link with a video-tutorial to help you with. Basically you want to create 5 different pixels, one for each site. You can differentiate your website through the Name you give to each conversion tracking, something like "Website 1 Conversion Tracking" and so on. Here it go:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6095821

Notice that if those 5 different websites are for individual clients, it's not recommended you use only one account. You should have individual accounts for each clients, and then use a Google Manager Account that can group several accounts together. More about this here:
https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/6139186?hl=en

Hope it helps.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for reply.

I have set up 5 different tracking pixels. My question really was how do i link tracking pixel A to campaign #2, pixel B to campaign #5 etc?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Eric K
September 2015

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star
You don't actually link them under any Adwords settings. You just grab pixel #1 and insert on the website #1, it's more a user-control information, that's why you usually use the name of the conversion tracking as a label control for this information.

I mean, if you installed Pixel #1 for website1.com, then you know conversions are just from that website.

Leandro Martinez | Basta1Click

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The problem that still exists is that adwards can use advance CPC to optimize your bids that are liking going to lead to a conversion. 

Will multiple campaigns driving completely different types of business have apposing conversion trackers. 

meaning website1.com is interested in email signups which are being generated by campaign A. but website1.com also is selling merchandise and has campaign B driving sales related traffic. this creates problems for running promotions with conversion tracking. as well as a company like me who has several branches servicing a different type of client.....

why can we not say, Hey i want this conversion tracker for this campaign.... why? why? why?  

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This question is answered nowhere on the internet it seemd. I'd love an answer to this as well.

What if one campaign goes for e-mail signups, the other for online sales, how does Adwords determine the conversion rate per ad?

I honestly hope there is an answer for this.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was wondering the exact same thing. I feel less lonely now Smiley Happy

So no answer on this topic?