AdWords
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Linking Single Adwords account with Multiple GA properties

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi , 

I have linked Single Adwrods account with Multiple properties under my Google Analytics. I am running 2 separate campaigns on Adwrods with 2 different destination URLs. But now I am having this error. 

Tracking Code Mismatch. 

" The Ad Destination URL ****************** from  the AdWords account  ***************** has accrued a significant number of clicks but a lower-than-expected number of sessions because the page is not tagged with a Google Analytics tracking code for UA-xxxxxxx-1. Instead, the page includes tracking code for UA-xxxxxxxxxx-4. "

Now tracking codes on page are fine and includes the correct one but i guess Google is mixing it up. 

I have tried looking around if its ok to link single adwords account with multiple GA properties and found out that we can do it. But still getting this error. So should I just ignore it? or are there any solutions?

Need a quick response. Thanks. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Linking Single Adwords account with Multiple GA properties

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star
Hi WIko,

Welcome to AdWords Community!

Though your question is more on the Analytics side, could you explain your objective behind two GA properties? It is not a suggested practice, as data discrepancies are expected in such scenarios.

- Sumanth
Sumanth Sridhar

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Reason of having different properties is because my website is global but have separate country specific domain.

for e.g

www.abc.com is main website
then US.abc.com , Canada.abc.com and so on

So i created separate properties for them but in Adwords I am managing it as a single account.

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Thanks for clarifying, Wiko!

Creating different GA profiles and linking them to a single AdWords account is fine, However, the suggested way of doing it is to use the same tracking code on sub domains as well and applying filters for each sub domain. This process is illustrated in this website. While I understand that your question was also regarding AdWords, I'm not too sure if this is the right forum for this query. In case you need further assistance, I'd request you to post your query on the GA Help Forum, for expert advice on such issues.

Hope that helps,

Sumanth

Sumanth Sridhar