AdWords
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Use AdWords conversion tracking and reporting to measure your results. Have a question about Google Analytics? Post it here, on the Google Analytics Community!
Guide Me
star_border

Linking Ad Words to Analytics - is it necessary for me???

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am currently going through the Google Analytics IQ lessons in order to take the certification test, and I have come across a couple of questions.  For studying and practice purposes, I have created a free website through Google sites, http://sites.google.com/site/cantcatchabreaknews, and am using it as more or less of a blogging site with some other minor information posted as well.  Since the site is in no way, shape, or form ecommerce related, do I even need to link this account to Ad Words? (as suggested in the lesson entitled Configuring Ad Words for Analytics in the Fundamentals section of the IQ Lessons Page)  If not, where is it suggested that I read up on the basics of Ad Words in  order to be properly prepared for any Ad Words related questions on the Analytics certification test?  Lastly, when besides when working with an ecommerce site will I ever need to link Analytics to Ad Words and start paying for clicks?

Thank you all in advance for any insight, it is greatly appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Linking Ad Words to Analytics - is it necessary for me???

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello matta0626; welcome;

This is a nice question;

Probably at some stage of your career you'll have to link Adwords and Analytics. Those tools are symbiotic. Analytics has features to measure performances of paid campaigns, as of organic traffic. Most clients want them both.

The suggestion to practice Adwords on a "trial / demo" site is recommended . You need "hands on " experience to understand Adwords.

The basics of AdWords are explained in the intro for the Adwords exams;

http://support.google.com/adwords/certification/?hl=en

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’